Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Advent Season - Day One

The only kind of advent calendar worth a hoot is one with prizes (i.e. chocolate)! I know that fancy schmancy advent calendars exist where the child receives a note or gift or some other homemade craft each day during the Christmas season but let's be honest... I don't have the time or the skills for that. I rarely have two hands to use for any one activity - including typing this post - (Charlotte is in one arm while I peck at the keys like a chicken scratching for corn with the other) so when I do I'm not spending that time on advent gifts. In other words, I am a big fan of the store bought advent calendar with chocolates behind each door. Grocery store advent calendars are fun but let's face it - the chocolates taste horrible. So I am beyond delighted that this year, Auntie M was able to track down advent calendars for Grace and I Charlotte with real CADBURY chocolate! Delish!

 MMMMMMMMMMM! We opened our first door after lunch today. It was Grace's first real encounter with solid, unabashed chocolate and guess what? She liked it. No she LOVED it! She quickly realized that the chocolate was somehow hiding in the thing I had hung up on the wall in the kitchen. She promptly placed herself below, pointed at the advent calendar and then pointed at her mouth - about a 1,000 times...in 15 minutes.
Day one - literally - of advent season AND of the lifetime love/hate relationship with chocolate and we've already created a monster. In the words of Grace....Uh oh, Dit!


1 comment:

Jody said...

Forget the kiddos - I need to get myself one of these babies!