Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The good, the bad and the ugly of our Saturday (there were several...it was a looooong day).

The Good - Daddy & Me class. SOOO fun!



The Bad - While there, Grace fell - face first - into a shelf-type thing.
The Ugly - The shiner and the tears that followed.


The Good - Being organized and consolidating the to-do/shopping list by going to the amazing one-stop-shop - Costco.
The Bad - Losing my Costco card and attempting to get a replacement on a SATURDAY.
The Ugly - The tears I cried when I left Costco empty handed. No card. No groceries. Nothing checked off my to do list. UGH!

The Good - Started working on a "Christmas baking project." (I can't give too much away because the recipients might be reading this.)
The Bad - Anything and everything that could go wrong - DID! I dropped it, I couldn't get it just right even though I tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and ended up wasting quite a few ingredients.
The Ugly - The tears I cried AGAIN because after an entire afternoon, I had nothing to show for it. Nothing had been checked off my list. No gifts purchased. No gifts made. No gifts wrapped. No cookies made. No Christmas cards sent. Nothing. Zip. Nada. If anything, I was BEHIND schedule!

The Good - We started a new family tradition! We attended the "Lighted Farm Implements Parade" in Sunnyside. Apparently, this parade is a big deal. It's even been featured on the Travel Network. It draws thousands of people each year and has been voted one of the top 10 light parades. Who knew I was living in the capital of lighted farm implement parades?!? JACKPOT!

The parade got off to a sloooooww start and Grace was a bit restless - not to mention FREEZING - as it was in the low 20's but we bundled up and managed to have a great time!



There were a TON of floats. Just a few snippets of what you missed.


And yes the music in the background IS in Spanish.

Our plan for next year?
Decorate and enter our own farm implement!!!
STAY TUNED!

Unfortunately, the way I've laid out this post, I have to leave it on an "ugly" note. What could be bad and ugly about a light parade you ask? On the drive home we were witness to a horrible car accident.

Hard to see but that is a minivan wrapped around a light pole.

We were the first ones on the scene and the first (and only) bystanders to call 911. (That's TWO calls to 9-1-1 this year! That is TWO TOO many if you ask me!!)
Luckily, no one was hurt but the driver-at-fault had an infant in the backseat and was pregnant! She was SO LUCKY! Witnessing the accident was a "good" reminder that you just can't be too careful and that other stuff that upsets you and frustrates you (see ABOVE) is just small potatoes.

No comments: