Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ready or Not?


Up until this morning, I've really been getting in the mood for fall. I think it is all the back to school supplies being in the stores. I LOVED stocking up on binders, erasers, pencils and peachies as a kid...it got me so excited to head back to school.

~Sidenote: Grace is going to attend a one-time-a-week pre-pre school class this year and it is taking all my will power not to go out and buy school supplies - especially the gigantic pack of crayons (you know...the jumbo pack with sharpener). Court and I have talked about this particular pack of crayons. It was a coveted item as a kid. It was a very rare treat to get the jumbo pack in my house and Court never, ever got it!! What's the deal with our parents withholding crayons? No wonder I ain't no Picasso!

But when I woke up this morning - at my usual time - it was dark out!! What gives? I feel like summer just started! Why do the winter months linger the whole year and the precious daylight of summer evaporates in just a few weeks??? I guess the age old saying is really true...time flies when you are having fun. It should be time flies when it is light outside longer than it isn't.

The good news is that we are sneaking in a few fun things before darkness completely takes over. Just a few hints to keep you coming back for more...one of them includes the greatest singer in all 'da world!! Any guesses?!?

No comments: