Thursday, May 9, 2013

Chicken Sitting

This past week, we've been chicken sitting! It's been a lot of fun! 



The chicks aren't really chicks anymore. They are in their awkward teenage years. Losing the fluff and getting their feathers. Still sweet as can be though and guess who wants their own coop full of chickens?





As it was HOT here last week - in the 90s!! - we'd stop by for some chicken love and then head up to Mana and Boppa's house for a dip in the pool! It's made for some tired girls...and with both of them zonked out by 7:30 pm every night (and Court asleep by 8 pm because he contracted the bubonic plague - AKA bronchitis) I've had the entire house to myself! It's been heavenly! 




I've gotten so much done and feel so productive! I even moved my "office" into Charlotte's room since she's sleeping in Grace's room now. 




But the weather is supposed to cool off and Court is on the mend, so I'm sure my quiet, productive evenings will come to a screeching halt.

Oh well! I'm on my way right now to pick up a new book called "Selfish Reasons to Have More Children" so that ought to keep everyone at arm's length! hahah




No comments: