Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bill's Berry Farm: Take One

I don't know what the weather has been like in your neck of the woods but ours has been ideal.
Cool and crisp in the mornings.
90's by late afternoon.
Followed by cool, crisp evenings.
Fall at perfection!


(Speaking of fall...can you believe it is Autumn?!! I think in the 34 years I've been on this Earth, this is the first time ever that I am not excited to leave the blazing, hot summer behind us. I blame this entirely at being able to tire the girls out every afternoon in the pool. Not sure what we I'm going to do once swimming weather is officially over. I usually can't wait for fall - it's my favorite time of the year - but this year, everything has just gone by so fast. I feel like I just got used to our summer routine and BOOM, we are starting the Christmas countdown!! 92 days by the way! If I thought summer went by fast, welcome to the fastest, there-isn't-enough-time-to-get-anything-done-but-you-have-to anyway time of year!)

To kick off fall, we visited Bill's Berry Farm yesterday. I take the girls every year.
For a trip down memory lane visit 2011 and 2010

But because I know you are too lazy to click on the links, humor me for a minute.

Grace and Charlotte - 2010
Charlotte wasn't even a month old!


Both girls last year...


and here they are in 2012!


Bill's Berry Farm is our local pumpkin patch/family fun place.
They offer hay rides, pony rides, train rides, cider making, berry and apple picking - anything farm related all through the harvest season! They even sell Christmas trees.
While they offer all these activities, they are especially known for their homemade doughnuts...at least in my house!

While we normally go to Bill's late in October, we have quite the lineup of activities in the next few weeks, so I thought we'd go a bit early this year. You know, to take in the doughnuts fresh air!

So off we went!


Seeing these pumpkins got me excited to decorate for fall. 
I love knobby pumpkins!


The doughnuts weren't ready when we arrived, so we killed time.


Just as I thought, they are growing like weeds!



Funny. Charlotte wouldn't use a binky the first year of her life. The second year has been dramatically different. 


We noted the first signs of fall and what's that? Rain drops you say?
Impossible. It's supposed to be 80 something degrees today!


Finally! 


Seconds after this pictures, the sky burst open.
 


And we ran - doughnuts and all - to the safety of the car!



So this visit was a bust in the pony and train riding department.
But our doughnut timing was perfect!
Luckily, Grace gets to go on a field trip with her class in a few weeks so there will be more to come from Bill's Berry Farm!


No comments: