Friday, July 20, 2012

Aurora

As usual, upon waking up, I grabbed my cell phone to do a quick check of my email. Before I could get too far, I was alerted via my CNN app that a mass shooting occurred at a midnight showing of Batman in Aurora, Colorado.

As a parent of children who have yet to venture out into the world alone, I am terrified. How will I ever not worry? How will I ever let them go? Yet, let them go, I must.

I am speechless. I am sad. I am scared. And my heart breaks. My heart breaks for those families. For the parents of the assassin. For all of us, who have to carry on and live "normal" lives while always preparing for the worst and looking over our shoulders.

I truly hope there is a special place in hell for people who commit these evil acts.





1 comment:

Julia said...

I could not agree more! We have to pray to God each day to keep our little ones safe and our families! We cannot live in fear, but always be cautious. This horrible tragedy has been on my mind all day. I countinue to pray for the people of Aurora.