Monday, December 9, 2013

For the Record Books

November is going down in Home Sweet Home Place history. The only month since I've started this blog with NO POSTS! Notta one!! I'm not exactly sure how the month got away from me but it did. This truly is the busiest time of year!

I do appreciate all those who have checked in - inquiring why no posts, making sure I'm alive and well - and yes, I am here! Alive and well! Just busy! Just running from one thing to the next. Shuffling from one activity to the next.

I told my sister a few weeks ago that it is just a year....just a year of shuffling the kids everywhere. With Charlotte in school twice a week (an hour away) and Grace going four days a week with short little bursts of class, (meaning by the time I get home from dropping Grace off, it's time to turn around and go pick her up), not to mention the regular errands - I end up spending A LOT of time in the car. While I can multitask the best of them under the table and not yet  outlawed here in the US yet, blogging and driving is NOT recommended.

Thus, no blog posts. Good news though!

Grace's 5th birthday party is this Saturday! Once that has been properly celebrated, and I only have Christmas looming before me, I should be back to my regular posting schedule! I am going to try and do a bunch of back posting - more for my benefit than yours - so that I can look back five years from now and have some recollection of what we were up to in late 2013.

Here are just a few pictures taken since December 1.


North Pole Breakfast


Elfie came! He brought a friend too...more later!



Advent calendar!



Homemade advent calendar. Ran out of time - didn't get to make the ornaments. Had to buy some cheap-o ones. There is always next year!


My 35th birthday! Yeow!
Another year older, another year....


School, school and more school!

A few sick days too!



Keep in mind, it is only December 9 at 6 am as I write this! So all of this in basically eight days! Not to mention we've been making merry and decking the hell out of the halls!
I'm in hog heaven people.
THREE CHRISTMAS TREES!
You read that right! 
THREE!!

So stay tuned. I am going to do my darndest to keep all the balls up in the air and make some birthday/Christmas magic up in here. Fingers crossed!

Hoping to be back in the space again soon!

Hope your holiday season is off to a happy and healthy start!

No comments: