Saturday, April 18, 2009

Foot in Mouth

Yesterday, being Friday and all, I didn't feel like cooking an elaborate dinner...which is what I normally do. (Just call me Giada!) So I went to our local (when I say local, I mean the next town over - 20 minutes down the highway) take-n-bake pizza place to get all the essentials. While I was waiting for my pizza to be made, a mother of two young children entered the store. Both children wore blue jeans and a t-shirt and both children had long, scraggly, blonde hair. Had one not been screaming it's head off I wouldn't have given them another thought...until I went to grab my order.

One of the scraggly haired kids (might I add "snotty nosed") tried to touch Grace. Of course, I freaked out and gasped REALLY loud. I am not normally apprehensive of germs, but these kids looked like walking petri dishes. The mother, picking up on my sheer panic, told her child to get away from the baby. Not respecting the mother's wishes, the kid came at Grace again! Not wanting to be rude, I told the mother "Your girls are adorable!" and swiftly moved Grace's carrier out of the toddler's line of fire. The mother looked at me like I was from Mars so I quickly picked up Grace's carrier and began balancing everything in one hand so I could make a quick escape. As I was doing all this, the other toddler, yelled "He's a boy!"

The kid that had tried to touch Grace was a little boy and I had told his mother that she had two darling little girls! Woopsy!

(If that's not a sign that it is time to cut your kid's hair, I don't know what is!)

No comments: