Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tough Times Call for "Secret" Action

Baby Grace apparently has a mind of her own because she is blatantly ignoring my pleas for an earlier, rather than later, delivery. People are telling me to jump up and down, walk, stretch and eat spicy foods to get things moving, but I am resorting to a new method - The Secret.
Jack Canfield explained the "secret" to Oprah as: “The thoughts we think, the images we hold, the things we focus on, what we give our attention to… all of that affects, how we feel, and the feelings actually send out a wave into the universe. And anything that’s vibrating at a similar level gets attracted in our life...The law that The Secret is built around -- is “the law of attraction." Your feelings and thoughts have an emanating energy that is sending out messages and drawing like things to you. Thus, one’s negative attitude will only continue to bring negative outcomes. However, if you think positive thoughts, those thoughts lead to feelings which lead to actions which lead to the universe bringing that good thing into reality."
In a nutshell, think good things, and good things will happen. Simple enough. So I am sending lots of "good thoughts" out into the universe that Grace will make her debut this Friday! To help me focus my energy, I have posted notes ALL over my house saying "I am happy and grateful that Grace was born on December 12!...well, at least the important places...the places that I frequent several times a day...

My Computer

The Fridge

My full length mirror (UGH)


And on top of the Rice Krispy treats I made this morning.

If this doesn't work, I am convinced that I will be pregnant forever.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Like I said before, great on making employment wishes happen, not so great on the man of your dreams wish. We will see how the universe feels about babies.