Friday, December 5, 2008

Katie the Hut

Being eight days out from my due date, naturally, I am miserable. As far as I am concerned, this can't be over soon enough. My back hurts. My joints hurt. My legs, feet and hands are swollen. My one maternity outfit is fraying and my mental and emotional well-being are on the brink of cataclysmic disaster.

To get "things" moving, I have been walking every day. Luckily, the weather has been goregous as I think dark, gloomy skies might be just the thing to throw me over the edge. However, yesterday on my walk, my left foot started hurting. It is this horrible pain on the top of my foot. Of course, the pain started when I was at the furthest point from my car so I had to hobble back, stopping at every bench along the way for relief. I thought that perhaps a nerve slid out of place or was being pinched by the swolleness of my foot and that a good night's sleep would be just the trick. But after a good night's sleep (my definition of good has dramatically changed since about the seventh month of pregnancy) my foot is still throbbing whenever I apply weight to it. So it looks like I am not only trapped in the Yakima Valley, I am also trapped in my house until my foot feels better.


Unfortuanltey, this now allows me to draw some comparisons between myself and this picture...no not Princess Leia....Jabba the Hut. That is definitely how I am looking and feeling these days.

No comments: