Tuesday, December 2, 2008

3-0

I feel like I should have something poignant or reflective to say today as it is my 30th birthday -but I don't. Just as I am in denial that any day contractions will start, resulting in a living, breathing baby, I too am in denial that today I have been alive for 30 years. Luckily, 30 is the new 20 so I guess I don't have too much to worry about...I still feel like a spry 20 something - except for the fact that I can't drink as much, I can't recover as quickly from a night of binge drinking, I can't stay up late, and I assume that my metabolism, learning that I am now 30, has elected to enter semi-retirement believing there are more important things to do than melting away the fat I have accumulated over the past nine months. Awesome.Somehow that fact should stop me from eating birthday cake, but it won't, it hasn't. In fact, the birthday cake given to me on Thanksgiving is already gone. But don't worry, I am sure it can be found on my ass for the next two years because now that I am 30, that is how long it will take to work it off!


What is there not to love about being 30?