Monday, June 30, 2008

All is Well

Today, we had an appointment with our OB. We listened to the heartbeat - still going strong! - and I asked the doc if he thought there might be a second one in there. The doctor said he didn't think so but he didn't move the stethoscope thingy around my stomach to see if perhaps baby #2 was hiding in the background. We did hear some scratching sounds intermittently with the heartbeat. The doctor said that was the baby moving around and kicking. I have yet to feel any of this for myself, but the doctor said in the next few weeks, it will happen.

Not only do we have kicks to look forward to, but our first ultrasound appointment is set for July 21. At that time, we will for sure discover whether there is indeed only one baby in my belly and whether it is a boy or a girl. We are sooo excited! I think seeing the ultrasound and feeling something karate chopping me from the inside will finally make this all seem real.

No comments: