Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Unintentional Break

I think this is the longest stint I've gone without a blog post since I started blogging in 2008. All I can say is that this is a hectic and busy time of the year!

The weather turned a few weeks back to rain and dreariness!
Luckily, we had hit the Nordstrom sale a few months back and were prepared with some bright and warm  outfits.


Not matching...


but they do color correspond. 



We had Uncle Johnny-roo over for dinner! The girls love him


and he is beyond good with them!


Notice the art in the background?!
I am happy to report that things are going much better with Grace at school.
I think she is still shy and a bit reserved at times - there are no more tears at drop-off! 
Progress!
She is talking and singing up a storm!
Singing is probably her favorite thing to do!
She does it before falling asleep, in the shower (yes, she has decided that she will no longer take baths) and when she is playing by herself. 
Some of her songs are the usual suspects - Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, etc. - but others she makes up. Usually, they are some new word or phrase she's picked up. Which is completely scary because never have I been more aware of how much she is listening and hearing EVERYTHING I say.
It all gets regurgitated in her little "songs!"
I really need to get it on video!

We snuck in a jaunt to Boise. The weather was phenomenal. We spent lots of time with Grandma and Grandpa and knocked lots of errands off the list...including hair cuts.



If it weren't for the bottle she would look completely like a kid! Like a switch, the baby seems just about gone. It has been crazy fast!


Grace's new do. Lots of volume!


About a month ago, Charlotte started a new trick. I got it on video back then but haven't gotten it up on the blog until now. It seriously is one of my favorite things!


In other exciting news, while out on a run I ran over a snake with the Double BOB stroller. I couldn't figure out what was brushing my leg until I looked down and saw a snake recoiling.
There aren't words to describe the sound that I made or the fear. All I can say is that I haven't run that fast in a long time. Every leaf or branch or twig that I brushed into along the way only sparred me to run faster. Everyone asks me what kind of snake it was...as if I had time or the where-with-all to study the markings and colorings on the snake so as to identify it later on. 
All I know is it was a snake. It touched me. And I ran like a bat out of hell!


In honor of the fast approaching Halloween holiday, we had Charlotte wear her little pumpkin hat. Adorable!



Last but not least, Grace has mastered her tricycle. So we've been getting outside everyday and enjoying the crisp fall days. Have I mentioned I love this time of year?





Won't be long until this one has the trike all figured out!

That is all. Just a quick little post about what we've been up to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the girl's new haircuts. My Charlotte and I were just shopping in Nordstrom yesterday in Charlotte, NC. Love that store. I also took my little one in Pottery Barn kids and had to drag her out. She had the best time. She cooked, vacuumed, had a tea party and rocked a baby doll. It was so cute. She now wants everything in the store for Christmas. Santa needs to make a trip back there soon! And I need to work on getting my own blog. Hopefully soon!

Julia