Saturday, February 26, 2011

One Reason I Blog

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure why I blog. I am not trying to sell anything or make any money. I'm not trying to educate or persuade the masses. I am not on a social mission. I guess it's a creative outlet for me. I've always liked dinking around on computers. I've always liked to write and recently I've become a hobbyist of sorts when it comes to photography. I guess the blog is like a baby book since I can barely remember what I did yesterday let alone when Grace ate her first bowl of prunes. And hopefully, Grace and Charlotte will look back on these entries one day when they are older and perhaps have children of their own.

From time to time, I like to take a few minutes to look back at some of the old posts I've written. As I am on the computer very rarely these day (especially since it always seems to be broken) this happens very infrequently. Today was one of those days. I am having a hard time getting motivated - I've showered but not dressed. The kids have eaten but I haven't. The dishes are in the dishwasher but I'm surrounded by chaos. Court is sleeping - trying to recover from two looong nights of frost control. So here I am, on the computer, reading - what else? but my own blog.

The widgets (that's fancy blog talk for the links below my latest post) suggested I read this. And you know what? It is darn funny and unfortunately for me, a completely accurate recap of what happened. I would likely have forgotten all the little details had I not taken the time to write them down. For many, blogging is a senseless pastime. But for me, it's a way to remember. For as all of us parents know, nothing flies by faster than a childhood. And hopefully, I'll be able to drag out remember and treasure all these little moments with Grace and Charlotte for just a little bit longer.   

No comments: