Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October in a Nutshell

October has been a weird month. When I look back at my photos, I have almost none. I think the reason for this is that the weather has been SO glorious, I have just wanted to soak it all up. Instead of pulling out the camera, I've been snapping pics with my mind which we all know is a bad idea. 

So because I truly can't remember anything without a photo prompt, let's have a short picture show of what we've been up to.

We managed a trip to the pumpkin patch.

The girls ate donuts, played on the playground, rode the train and picked pumpkins...yet this is the only picture I snapped. 



Like I said, the weather has been ideal. Truly my favorite time of year. Sunny and warm, yet crisp. We've gone on LOTS of walks...during daylight hours even! woo hoo!

Charlotte is REALLY into bandaids at the moment. She wants to put bandaids on everything. Grace went through this phase too. So the other morning, we weren't too surprised when we discovered she'd put a bandaid over most of her eye and eyebrow. To remove the bandaid would mean removing most of her eyebrow. Not a good look.
So we left it. 




Then we REALLY got concerned when we found a rubber band - the tiny kind for thin toddler hair - around her wrist. I TOTALLY freaked out. We had a shake down in their rooms for any rogue rubber bands and SO SO SO thankful this ended up being nothing worse than an important reminder!


Caught a great pic of Charlotte sleeping...on top of Lucky.


He is SUCH a good dog!




Grandma sent some super cute Halloween outfits. The girls LOVED them and when I tried taking pictures of them in the outfits, they kept pretending they were spiders. 


We carved our pumpkins weeks ago and the insides have already turned black. I didn't get any pictures - of course - so I tried to get a picture of the girls outside by our front door. 


This was the best picture - by far - for a couple of reasons. The first being the 50 mph wind gusts that were steady ALL DAY. The other was Stranger was about to jump up and tackle both girls out of pure excitement.



And those winds? Those damn winds did some damage. They ripped off the roof of our outdoor dog kennel. Stranger has a wound that we think was caused by a bungee cord. At our old house, a tree fell and damaged a bit of the roof over Grace's old room. 


Scary.

The wind also ripped my car door right out of my hand and the force was so hard that now my door creaks and groans like I am opening a tomb in ancient Egypt. 

Super.
That'll be cheap to fix.
Merry Christmas to me.

So that's what I've got for October. 

Hopefully, more Halloween posts to come!

No comments: