Thursday, June 28, 2012

Going to the Chapel

A week or so ago, Grace woke up early. REALLY early. I was still in the process of doing my hair and makeup and Grace is a bit slow to wake up so she just sat down on the bathroom floor - book in one hand and Lucky in her lap. I don't remember what book she was reading but she was really quiet. Thoughtful. Gently petting Lucky and talking sweetly to him. I remember thinking what a calm, peaceful way for us to both "get ready" for the day.

Ten or fifteen minutes passed and out of no where, Grace says matter-of-factly, "Mommy, I want to get married."

Her comment knocked my socks off. I was expecting something like, "I want breakfast!" or "Can we get doughnuts?" You know, questions I am mentally prepared for at 6 o'clock in the morning!

"Of course you do! Being married is fun!" is what I managed to muster up.

Taking it a step further..."Who do you want to marry?" I asked.

Looking up from dutifully petting Lucky, her eyes met mine and she said, "Daddy!"

Oh she is the sweetest.

No comments: