The night before our fifth wedding anniversary, we headed to Walla Walla, Washington.
(Never heard of it? Look it up!) It's wine country folks! Beautiful, delicious wine country!!)
We took the kids...very romantic...and tried for a family photo with our camera's timer!
See attempts below.
Definitely NOT going on the Christmas card! ha!
All in all, the overnight jaunt to wine country was AWESOME! Best night away from home in the past 22 months and I am being DEAD serious.
Why was it so awesome you ask? Here's the breakdown:
1. Reservations at a DELICIOUS restaurant.
2. Charlotte slept during the ENTIRE dinner!
3. Grace gobbled up almost everything put in front of her (keeping her busy and content) and when there was no food to eat she happily occupied herself with the best invention ever (after the epidural, of course) the iPad!
4. We had a two hour dinner WITH TWO KIDS in tow! (Can I get a hallelujah in here?!)
5. Yes, there is more good stuff! We had a fantastic bottle of wine and polished it off between the two of us! Now we're really feeling good!
6. I had a perfectly cooked steak with foie gras butter and red wine reduction. REPEAT. FOIE GRAS BUTTER! (Can I get an Amen?!)
7. Grace went to bed as easy as 1, 2, 3....and Charlotte? Not too long after. With 5:30 pm dinner reservations, we were back to the hotel and in bed by 8:30 pm. (Can I hear 12 hours of solid sleep?)
And finally, the topper...a woman at the restaurant asked us how old Grace was. When we said, just shy of two...she responded that she thought Grace was at least 3.5 because she was so well behaved! (Can I get a woop woop?! That NEVER EVER happens!)
Best anniversary gift EVER...well, that wasn't a piece of jewelry!