Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Big 4.5!

This November, Court and I will celebrate our 5th year wedding anniversary. Number 2 will have arrived by then and we know that a weekend getaway - sans kids - will be hard to do. So we decided to celebrate our 4.5 year anniversary instead.

No kid (except for #2 in my tummy - which seriously hindered my wine drinking ability), no family, no friends. JUST US!

It was a great trip. We did absolutely nothing. We slept. We read. We ate. I got a prenatal massage. (I never got one when pregnant with Grace. Felt too guilty to spend the money on me when there were cribs and strollers to buy I guess...but it was HEAVENLY! Worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY! If I can scrape together the cash AND a babysitter, I will definitely get another one before #2 decides to show up.) And yes we missed Grace but not as much as I thought I would - especially once I heard she was having a great time with Grandma, Boppa and Kodi - the gigantic Malmute.

Did I mention we ate? Here is me below shoveling two desserts into my face. Yes, I said TWO!

I tried to get Court to take a picture of the bump but I think he was a bit more enamored with the view. Bump or view? Bump or view?

He chose the view.

After such a marvelous getaway, we've decided to make this an annual trip. As the kids get older, we hope to leave them with the Grandmas and Grandpas a little bit longer each year so that someday we can have a whole week to ourselves. A whole week! I get giddy at just the thought!!

2 comments:

Claudia Olsen said...

Wow, you look amazing!

Angela said...

You look wonderful Katie!