Sunday, March 8, 2009

Aspen

After being home long enough to unpack, do some laundry and repack, we were off again for another adventure.


Grace loves riding on the airplane...thank god!

This time we were headed to Aspen, Colorado for a week of family fun and some skiing/snowboarding. (Well, everyone else was skiing/snowboarding...I was on baby duty!)

I think ski trips where you don't ski are my new favorite type of trip! I slept in everyday...or as much as you can sleep in when sharing a room with an infant. I explored all the stores of Aspen...I mean, read my book and worked out diligently. I also enjoyed some very delicious meals. (I admit, losing the baby weight was not high on my priority list while on this trip!)

It was a momentous week in Grace's life...not only did she meet her Uncle Tygh and Aunt Sarah for the first time,

she came down with her first case of the sniffles. Don't worry, I didn't overreact at all. I am a TOTALLY laid back, cool, don't-sweat-the-small-stuff kinda mom. At no time did I make several calls to the pediatrician demanding treatment or medication. And at no time did I think her cough sounded more like a wheeze which, according to my online self-diagnosis, could be a red flag for an emergency room visit. No, of course not. Panick schmanic. Court was also a rock...steadfast in his belief that that cough was not a wheeze. We were cool as cucumbers! (Where's the video of that night, right?!)

Instead of overreacting, like so many "inexperienced" parents, I merely gave Grace a steam bath in the middle of the night and voila!! Bye bye sniffles (well, at least bye-bye to whatever sound might or might not have been a wheeze)!

Tygh and Sarah were both naturals and the more they held Grace, the more time I had to drink wine...with both hands! Lucky for me, they wanted to hold her at every meal!!



Vacation bliss for a stay-at-home mom - the use of both hands at meal time!

No comments: