Monday, March 9, 2015

Busy Fingers

We had a nice, quiet, relaxing weekend at home. Everyone slept in. Except me. 


While everyone else slept, I woke up with a cup of coffee, my audible book (I've been reading up a storm since I've started listening to books instead of reading them) and some sewing. I am knee-deep in Christmas sewing…in March!! I think I am finally starting early enough!! hahah. Except…Easter is quickly approaching and the Easter Bunny and I have yet to establish a plan. 

Moment after I took the picture above - feeling all smug that I have kids that now sleep in and I can actually enjoy a Saturday morning - Grace woke up. *sigh* It was nice while it lasted!


"The purple unicorn queen has arisen! Behold!" 



We did some Kiwi Crate projects - these were a big hit! Believe it or not, they turned basketball into an art project and it has been a total WINNER! (Side note: St. Patrick's Day is next week and yes I do decorate - just a smidge for good luck!)


The assist goes to the window sill!

We recently added a typing program to our computer so the girls could learn to type. I figure it is a lot like playing the piano and if nothing else it helps them with their letters and spelling. Grace is hooked!


Charlotte is determined not to be left behind.


After a leisurely morning, the girls and I got dolled up to go out to lunch with their Dad. Both Grace and Charlotte picked out their own outfits AND got their first makeup lesson. So girly. So fun. They loved it! Needless to say, we were a bit late for lunch!! 


And with that, we set our clocks an hour ahead and obligingly sprang into spring!! Hope you had a great weekend and have adjusted to the time change! We are still working on it.

**Just so you know, if there are ever elections for queen, you should vote for me because my platform would involve making three day weekends standard and getting rid of this "pain is the arse" clock changing ritual!**



No comments: