Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Overdue Update

We're baaaaaaaaaaaaaack....but not for long! The trip to Boston was a success! (More on that later-I barely have enough free time to get this small tid-bit posted. We leave again on Friday for Colorado.)

Since Grace is already wearing 3 month sizes, I keep forgetting that she is only 2 months...9 weeks to be exact. So it was a bit surprising to me to be taking her to the doctor today for only her 2 month check-up. Aside from three painful shots and an oral vaccination, the visit was nothing but good news!

Our little girl weighed in at 11 lbs, 3 oz! She has gained exactly two pounds since birth - one pound a month! (Wish I could lose at least that amount on a monthly basis. UGH! Baby weight sucks!!) She measured 23 1/4 inches long - growing exactly two inches since birth. So all is well! A huge relief.

With no instruction manual, you often wonder if you are doing what's right. Was that second cup of coffee ok? Not to mention that second glass of wine? Am I reading to her enough? Is she eating enough? Did that one time...when I did that one thing...did that make or break the difference between her curing Cancer and just being an average Joe Schmo?!?! I guess this is just the beginning of the endless mind-battle a parent has with oneself over the well-being of their child. Lucky for us, we are off to a good start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi There I'd like to thank you for such a great made forum!
Just thought this would be a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Laurence Todd
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/safari-party-supplies.html]safari Party Supplies[/url].