Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Running Around with Our Heads Cut Off

So much stuff everyday. A lot of it is driving. Picking up. Dropping off. Repeat. Running errands. Returning to the grocery store because you forgot an ingredient for dinner. UGH! Servicing vehicles. Only to have to return the vehicle for more service the next day. And drop it off for the entire day while your cruise around town in a rental because by the time you drive all the way home and back, the car will practically be ready. But sitting in the waiting area for 2+ hours is obviously not ideal. So like I said. Running around with my head cut off. I am already beginning to realize that next year will be worse. Grace will be in school four days a week and Charlotte two days...but neither at the same time or in the same town. (You across town commuters got nothing on me!) These are the kinds of things they will thank me for. Silently - in their minds. Someday. When they have their own kids. Right? Right? Bueller? Bueller?

Anyway, today was picture day at Grace's school. 



She was in love with her dress and apparently asked her teacher a 100x if SHE liked it!

In other exciting news, I think I have discovered something truly remarkable.


Purse love is hereditary.
Court is in SO. MUCH. TROUBLE!


Grace had ballet yesterday afternoon and Charlotte insisted on wearing her tutu and slippers too. Even though she's not enrolled and her ballet slippers (Grace's old ones) are FAR too big. 
I dressed her up nonetheless and as I was - once again - running around the house with my head cut off - getting dogs squared away, picking up stuff strewn all about the house, sweeping, getting coats on, packing snacks - heading out the door, found them like this. 



The anticipation of wearing her ensemble was clearly exhausting. 

Finally, we returned from a lovely vacation with Court's immediate family to the British Virgin Islands over the weekend. I'd never been and it was beautiful!
I'll have more on that later.


Happy to be home! Got lots of things I want to do for St. Patrick's Day and Easter. If I'm ever out of the car long enough to get anything done...maybe it'll happen. Probably won't. I guess there is always next year.

Last but not least, is Daylight Savings kicking anyone else's ass?

1 comment:

Claudia Olsen said...

I'm exhausted just from reading. LOL. I'm glad I'm not the only one who drives to a different town for educational support, fortunately it's only 3 times per week.